Employment Opportunities at CNT
For job and internship opportunities at CNT Energy, please visit www.cntenergy.org/contact/careers/.
CNT welcomes inquiries concerning unpaid internships. Internships are decided on a case-by-case basis, matching a volunteer’s interests and skills with a project need. The internship opportunities listed below are just some of the positions that may be available. If you are interested an internship at CNT, study this website to see where your and CNT’s interests align. Unless specified below, please contact Stephen Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss opportunities.
Transit Future Campaign Interns
CNT seeks interns for its Transit Future Campaign, which aims to significantly expand rail transit in the Chicago Region.
Transit Future interns report to the Transportation and Community Development Program Manager. Interns will also work with other CNT staff, external partners and stakeholders as necessary to support the campaign.
- Constituent and organization outreach
Skills + qualifications
- Interest in sustainability and transit issues
- Proactive nature
- Skill at reaching out to and enrolling diverse communities
- Work well in a collaborative context
Terms of Service
- Start Date – ASAP
- Internships at CNT are unpaid
- The usual time commitment is 15 hours/week for 10 weeks, at a minimum
- CNT will assist the intern in acquiring course credit, if possible
How to Apply
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to Stephen Perkins, Senior Vice President, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The development internship is for 2-4 months (start and end time is flexible) and assists the Development Coordinator with the following:
- Appeal mailings
- Donor acknowledgment
- Planning and implementation of donor appreciation events and other special events
- Individual donor research
- Data entry in donor database, address searches, and generating prospect lists
- Basic administrative duties such as filing
Intern will work 2-3 days a week, minimum 10 hours / maximum 15 hours. Scheduling is flexible. Commitment is for a minimum of 10 weeks.
Benefits of Internship:
An internship at CNT provides the opportunity to work and learn in a professional nonprofit environment. Development interns learn many aspects of nonprofit Development, including event planning, working with donors, and database management. Interns will be included in planning meetings for events.
- Enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree program and/or a minimum of one year of administrative experience.
- Intermediate computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with database software, such as Raiser’s Edge or Microsoft Access
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Candidates with a strong interest in nonprofit event planning and fundraising preferred
Location: This position is located at CNT’s offices in Wicker Park, conveniently located near the Damen Blue Line stop. Travel to other sites within Chicago may be required.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include dates and weekly availability, and any relevant school terms. Please reference Development Intern in the subject line.