Public policy, research, and advocacy
Data and information access
2018 Research Intern Winter-Spring 2018 term
The intern would provide support to CNT’s Water Department across the following program areas.
- RainReady helps community members, agencies, and NGOs take action to reduce flood risk in their homes and communities. RainReady program focus areas include RainReady Home and RainReady Community.
- Great Lakes Water Infrastructure Project works with regional municipalities that are committed to improving water and sewer service delivery in a way that improves customer affordability, promotes resource conservation and community co-benefits, advances innovative ways to finance infrastructure improvements, and/or decreases the risk of infrastructure failure.
- The intern may also provide support to CNT’s work with Elevated Chicago, an initiative of SPARCC, aims to turn the ½-mile radius around transit stations into community-focused centers of commerce and culture by removing barriers that hinder innovation near station areas; equipping local residents with the resources to make these areas a community and civic priority; and aligning, cultivating, and deploying capital for development near the stations. The Elevated Chicago Initiative is an effort aimed at improving racial equity, public health outcomes, environmental resiliency.
District scale energy projects
- Waste heat capture and reuse
- Decentralized stormwater management and urban agricultural production on vacant lots
- Community solar projects
- Small-scale manufacturing projects that enable shared energy use, local workforce development, and job creation.
Communications and Marketing Intern
Creating materials for outreach events and for online communications
Editing documents for funders and for media outlets
Provide social media support
Supporting special events activities
Adding value to all our efforts based on your experience, desires, and skills