RainReady Home: Identifies flood control and sustainable stormwater management solutions for homes, including landscaping, building, and plumbing improvements.
RainReady Community: Engages residents in a process to create a community-wide risk assessment and a multi-year action plan to reduce and mitigate the impact of severe rain events.
RainReady Academy: Promotes and supports the adoption of the RainReady approach throughout the country by providing technical assistance, coaching, planning activities and charrettes, connections with leading water experts, program materials, and online planning tools.
Great Lakes Water Infrastructure: Analyzes and proposes solutions to water infrastructure challenges in Great Lakes cities, employing an intensive planning charrette process with local government, stakeholders, and national subject matter experts.
Provide strategic and operational leadership to deliver and grow core programs, and potentially explore and develop new programs. Includes developing multi-year goals, annual work plans and budgets, and managing programs and staff to meet goals and budget.
In collaboration with the Managing Director of Development and other senior staff, lead fund raising efforts for the program. Cultivate new funding opportunities, expand existing funding relationships, seek funding from both philanthropic sources and competitive RFPs. Write reports on the program for funders and deliver to the Managing Director of Development.
Expand the RainReady Academy, building off the program experience working in other cities thus far. Seek new opportunities and partnerships, refine program and service lines, conduct fundraising and respond to RFPs.
Expand current programming to identify models of financing green infrastructure including cost sharing, impact investing, and other strategies.
Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization. Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program.
Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement. Report evaluation findings to the CEO and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization. Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
Vice President, Talent and Culture
Center for Neighborhood Technology
17 N State, Suite 1400
Chicago, IL 60602
No phone calls please.
Public policy, research, and advocacy
Data and information access
2018 Research Intern
- RainReady helps community members, agencies, and non-governmental organizations take action to reduce flood risk in their homes and communities. RainReady program focus areas include RainReady Home and RainReady Community.
- Great Lakes Water Infrastructure Project works with regional municipalities that are committed to improving water and sewer service delivery in a way that improves customer affordability, promotes resource conservation and community co-benefits, advances innovative ways to finance infrastructure improvements, and/or decreases the risk of infrastructure failure.
- The intern may also provide support to CNT’s work with Elevated Chicago, an initiative of SPARCC, aims to turn the ½-mile radius around transit stations into community-focused centers of commerce and culture by removing barriers that hinder innovation near station areas; equipping local residents with the resources to make these areas a community and civic priority; and aligning, cultivating, and deploying capital for development near the stations. The Elevated Chicago Initiative is an effort aimed at improving racial equity, public health outcomes, environmental resiliency.
District scale energy projects
- Waste heat capture and reuse
- Decentralized stormwater management and urban agricultural production on vacant lots
- Community solar projects
- Small-scale manufacturing projects that enable shared energy use, local workforce development, and job creation.